It is no secret that repeatedly colouring your hair damages it. But still, we all do it! We want to express ourselves or try out a new shade but this compromises the health and quality of our hair and the more we colour our hair, the more prone we make ourselves to dullness, split-ends and dryness.
Olaplex has become one of the best hair treatments that beauty insiders and top salons rely on.
Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian West have raved about Olaplex with Kim recently talking about how much she loves the hair strengthening product during of her make-up masterclasses.
“I like to do a treatment called Olaplex.” Kardashian explains. “When your hair is really damaged, if you sleep in that, it really works. I notice a huge difference!”
It is suggested to keep the treatment in your hair for 10-30 minutes however, however Kim has admitted to sleeping in the treatment overnight, as the longer you leave it in, the better! And let’s be honest Kim really does speak from experience as one minute her hair is black, the next it’s platinum blonde – but regardless of colour, her hair always looks to be in perfect condition.
How It Works…
Olaplex treatment repairs hair that has been severely damaged due to being bleached coloured on a regular basis – which is brilliant news for those of us who love to experiment with our look – by rebuilding damaged bonds to permanently protect and strengthen hair.
The treatment works on a molecular level to repair damaged and broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal and mechanical damage. If you have been bleaching your hair for years or maintaining highlights then Olaplex will re-build the strength of the hair, leaving it look smooth, silky and vibrant!
There are five stages of the Olaplex treatment, two of which must happen in a salon, the other three at home.
- Step 1: Bond Multiplier is for in salon and professional use only. The bond multiplier can be used on the hair as a standalone treatment or if you are having your hair professionally coloured it is mixed in with the bleach and put onto your hair.
- Step 2: Bond Perfector is applied to the hair after the bleach has been rinsed out and is left on for around twenty minutes – this is done to get the most out of the chemical mending.
- Step 3: Hair Perfector (£32) is the where the treatment goes from the salon to the home. It is recommended that this treatment is used once a week and applied before using any shampoo or conditioner. The treatment should be left on for 10-30 minutes. For the best results, you can even sleep in the treatment!
- Step 4: Bond Maintenance Shampoo (£25.85) can replace your original shampoo for a hydrating and strengthening top-up each wash.
- Step 5: Bond Maintenance Conditioner (£25.85) is the last step in the treatment which hydrates and smooths the hair. It is recommended that the conditioner is left on the hair for three minutes before rinsing out.
The in-salon treatment varies in price depending on which salon you visit – beware that not all salon’s offer the treatment! You can visit the Olaplex website to discover which salons offer the treatment to their clients.
Olaplex is universally loved, it can really transform your hair for good.