“Music is an outburst of the soul.” — Frederick Delius
Music is one of the purest forms of art and entertainment that helps in bringing people together around the world. The Famous French poet, Victor Marie Hugo, has quoted it right:
‘Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.’
But do you know music, apart from being a source of entertainment, is also a form of treatment? A therapy? Yes you read it right. Music acts as a perfect stress buster for an individual.
Do you remember the last time when you had the time to sit back feeling relaxed with your eyes closed and enjoyed listening to the soft and soothing tunes of all time which you have always love to listen and adore?
Researchers say that music is one of the best way to beat stress and anxiety. Listening to music can also help in reducing depression as it helps in improving and uplifting mood and with one’s overall well-being. Today in our fast paced life, we don’t find enough time to relax ourselves. So all you have to do is to incorporate music in your daily routine and that really doesn’t take time away from your busy schedule. It is the most inexpensive yet the most effective tool of stress management.
But choosing the appropriate music is important. You have to like what is being played to let it relax you. Sometimes you need to listen to an upbeat tune to feel more optimistic and energetic while the other time, you need some soothing tunes to calm your mind, body and soul. Forcing yourself to listen to something noisy and irritating can create uneasiness. If you feel relaxed, physically, mentally and emotionally, you will be able to function at your best in the activities with your new calm self.
Here are some tips on how to incorporate music in your daily routine as an amazing backdrop. Put together a custom playlist for all these activities and start enjoying your life to the fullest while reducing stress from your day and feel fresh again.
- Get Ready in the Morning: Wake up every morning with your favorite music in the background to fill you with the amount of energy you need to start your day. All you need to plug your playlist in the backdrop which you think can fill you with positive vibes while doing your core activities. Also, adding a little flavor of music to your exercise or jogging routine can help you making it more enjoyable and you can experience the difference yourself.
- While Commuting: Music can relieve some of the tension you feel while commuting itself, from road rage to noises of horns and stucked in traffic. It can take your mind off of all the worries you start to have just in the beginning of the day and feels to have some time to yourself instead wasting time in the traffic. You will feel better and relaxed upon reaching at work and more prepared for the whole day.
- At Work: Need some time off from the work pressure or office politics among your colleagues? Or just want to chill for a while? Then all you need to put your headphones on during your break time and listen to some energetic songs to bring back your vibe.
- While Doing Regular House Chores: If you find yourself too tired to cook once you get back home, try to put on some smooth genre of music that you enjoy and see how it becomes a fun activity rather than a compulsory chore. You will most likely find yourself feeling relaxed with a calm mind which helps you to savor your dinner better. Similarly, cleaning or washing can make you feel more tired after having a long week. However, throwing on some energetic pop or rock music can help you raising your energy level and have fun as you clean. And a little addition of dancing to the beats won’t hurt, right?
- Going to Sleep: Getting a proper nap of 6-8 hours is important. But today, it’s hard to get a proper nap due to a lot of work pressure with our changing lifestyle. Unfortunately, this leads to increase in stress and anxiety level. Calming music before bedtime promotes peace and helps in reducing stress and induce to sleep.
Will you follow the tips and incorporate music more in your life? Comment below your thoughts or tweet us @Fuzzable