Well first of all hello, my name is Enya and I’m from the land of tea and Shakespeare, otherwise known as England. I’m 18 years old and I am currently studying A Levels in English Literature, Biology and Geography.
It’s currently 7:49pm and I’m sat here trying to decide what to write. Ever just sat there and mulled for what seems like forever, just staring at the blinking cursor, willing you to breathe some life into a blank document? Yeah, me too.
I first started writing for CelebMix back in September 2016 which was honestly one of the best decisions of my life. I was immersed into the world of journalism for the first time, and writing about music and artists that I love. Then when I was given the opportunity to write for Fuzzable, I jumped at the chance. My writing has given me an experience unlike any other; connecting with colleagues all over the world, writing about topics I’m passionate in, and even aiding my university application.
Little facts about me
- To start with, I love literature. From Carol Ann Duffy to Ian McEwan, I will never say no to reading any form of literature. Poetry? Prose? Drama? I’ll take it all.
- Although I have a particular love for both feminist and dystopian literature, my guilty pleasure has to be Harry Potter. I’m obsessed with Harry Potter and Fantastic Beats. Seriously. If someone wants me to watch a movie with them, 99.99% of the time I will suggest ‘Harry Potter and the X’ movie. I’ve visited the Warner Brothers Studios Tour many times, and instantly geek out and recite trivia. How can I remember that but not the content of my biology textbook? I’ll never know.
- Nathan Sykes and Dan + Shay are my favourite people. After spending years listening to their music which I love, I finally got the chance to meet them all! I’m so thankful for the time I got to spend with Nathan and Dan + Shay and the memories I will hold forever. It’s cheesy but as a fangirl, those were some of the best moments of my life.
- I’m going to study English Literature & Media at university. I’d always wanted to take an English-based route in life, until a few years ago when I changed my mind. After studying literature further along with my newfound love for writing, I got back on track with English and I can’t wait to take the next step and go to university!
- My favourite books are The Great Gatsby, The Colour Purple and Harry Potter. Currently I’m reading George Orwell’s ‘1984’ and Jane Austen’s ‘Persuasion’ so keep an eye out for reviews of them!
- I also love travelling! I’ve been lucky enough to visit many places with my family, and I cannot wait to visit two of my dream holiday destinations this year. One of my favourite things to do when travelling is take lots of photos. Wether of famous landmarks, food or a random side street decked in rainbow colours, I definitely return from most holidays with a packed memory card and no storage left on my phone!
Fuzzable & Me
On this amazing new platform I plan to write about pretty much anything, from book reviews to my monthly Bullet Journal series. I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!
Do you have any suggestions or ideas for articles? Let us know on Twitter @CelebMix