Choosing your wedding rings is a big decision, as this piece of jewelry is one that you are likely to wear every day for the rest of your life. So, when it is time to choose your wedding rings, what do you need to know? We’ve put together a handy guide to help you make sure that you know everything you need to pick the perfect wedding rings.
Choosing the Metal
There are plenty of different metals to choose from so you can pick the colour and quality of the metal.
- Yellow Gold – this is the traditional metal for wedding rings and is still an incredibly popular choice.
- White Gold – white gold has become popular with brides who prefer a more muted alternative to yellow gold.
- Rose Gold – this is a good choice for a modern couple and can offer a particularly romantic look.
- Platinum – this makes a great metal for a wedding ring as it is particularly strong and resilient.
- Other Metals – there are plenty of other metals to choose from such as palladium, titanium and zirconium.
The Ring Profile
The ring profile will make a big difference to the comfort and the look of the ring on your finger. There are a number of different shapes you can choose:
- Court – this is possibly the most popular choice. It is rounded on the inside and the outside so is very comfortable.
- D Shape – this ring is rounded on the outside but is flat on the inside making a ‘D’ shape.
- Flat – this is flat on both the inside and the outside, making it sit much flatter on the finger, so it is often popular with men.
- Flat Court – this is like the reversed of the D shape with a flat surface on the outside but a rounded surface on the inside, giving an extra level of comfort.
- Flat-Sided Court – this is similar to the court shape but with flatter sides. This means that it sits more raised from the finger.
Picking a Style
There really is a style to suit everyone, so whether you’re looking for something simple and traditional or modern and glamorous, there is a wedding ring that will be perfect for you. As your wedding ring is something that you will wear for the rest of your life, it’s important that you choose something that you will love for a lifetime.
This gents wedding ring from H. Hogarth Jewellers, for example, is a ring that shows off a little style within a traditional look. The grooves in the band add a touch of personality to a usually simple piece.
There are a number of things that you should consider when it comes to buying wedding rings, but the most important thing is that you and your partner love the rings you choose. Whether you decide you want to opt for something traditional and simple or modern and luxurious, there is sure to be a ring that is perfect for you.